So, I’ve been working on short stories lately. I had such a good year last year that I’ve nearly sold out of all my shorts. I think, at this point, I might have three left, which means I have to replenish the stockpile in order to be able to keep a steady stream of them out in the marketplace. I’ve finished one, “Planting Robert,” and I’ve got about 10 more in various states of “done.” Should finish another this week, entitled “A Ware That Will Not Keep.”
A novel, too, has been on my mind. I need to get one going and finished this year, to follow up Little Deaths with a longer work. I have a few ideas that are jelling, and I hope to have at least one or two of them fleshed out or started to present at a pitch session at the WHC this summer.
Until then, though, I have quite a few things scheduled to be published so far this year. Here’s a list:
- “The Bitches of Madison County” in Black Ink Horror #8
- “The Immolation Scene” in Horror Library V
- “The Night Moves” in Postscripts to Darkness #4
- “The Two of Guns” in Edge of Sundown
- “Three Silent Things” in Shades of Blue & Gray
- “Show Me” in Splatterland
And it’s only March. I have a few more irons in the fire that I’ll be able to share later.